top of page
  • Writer's pictureGunnar Garfors

Who Did NOT Watch This?

You could have seen this little lighthouse live on NRK2 or online. Or did you? CC licensed by

Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation NRK’s Hurtigruten project which shows the voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes, an almost 6 day long live TV documentary from a postal/passenger/cruise ship, has drawn attention world wide. I have recently covered the unique combination of two screens (one for television, one for the internet). NRK’s web statistics show visitors from 176 countries. That is amazing!

Click here or read on to see which countries were not interested.

Not surprisingly, the top ten list of web users by country is as follows:

1. Norway (57,9% of the users) 2. Denmark (7,5%) 3. USA (6,5%) 4. Germany (3,6%) 5. Great Britain (3,5%) 6. France (2,9%) 7. Netherlands (2,5%) 8. Sweden (2,5%) 9. Canada (1,2%) 10. Russland (0,9%)

All of these countries have, of various reasons, close connections to Norway. They account for 89% of the total. But the remaining 11% spread out to another 166 countries. And the real question is: Which countries were not at all interested? (And why?)

There are 192 UN countries in the world (193 from July 9 when Southern Sudan becomes independent). I also count the Vatican, Kosovo, Palestine, Western Sahara and Taiwan as countries, totalling 197 (soon 198). That leaves only 21 countries from where no one watched the greatest sea journey in the world. North Korea goes without saying, unless Kim Jong-Il himself (aka. “Supreme Leader“) suddenly took interest himself (only the top leadership in the country has access to the internet). With North Korea as a given, 20 remain. Before continuing to the answer (link below), please feel free to guess as a comment below.

My guess of 20 countries is as follows (and I still haven’t seen the answer):

Bhutan, Central African Republic, China (a wild guess, but is blocked there following the Nobel Peace Prize 2010), Comoros, Congo Brazzaville, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Iran, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Western Sahara.

Click here for the answer I have now checked the statistics, and I was wrong on some of them. How about you? Please feel free to comment below on your suggestions. And find the answer here.

2 views0 comments


bottom of page